Saturday, September 12, 2015

JEWEL WEED SOAP

A few weeks ago I learned that Jewel weed ( as known as touch me not) is a very good herb to release itchiness caused by poison ivy. You can actually find jewel weed near the place that poison ivy grows. So you if accidently touch it and don't know what to do, go search for jewel weed. Here is the link for you to learn more about JEWEL WEED.


In order to make this batch of soap. I went to the woods to get some jewel weed plants. Rushed home to get them cleaned. Chopped them into smaller pieces and cook half of them  on low heat for 3-4 to hours to make tea.
                             


And distilled the other half to make hydrosol.  Here is the way I make hydrosol. I placed the chopped jewel weed in the pot, added equal weight of distilled water to it,  put a clean bowl on the top and then turned the lid upside down to cover to pot. (See picture below)

Turned the heat on and let simmer till the water dried up.  
The steam that rises to the top of pot and meets the icy-cold lid contains the essential oils of the plant. It condenses and drips down into the bowl and that's your hydrosol/flower water! This is my hydrosol. 

The following is just some pictures for my soaping. Jewel weed ice cube to lye solution. And then I added hydrosol at trace.



Oh, I forgot to tell you that I went back to the woods again to pick up some jewel weed flowers and dehydrated them. Used them to decorate my plain jewel weed soap.


I used 100% of coconut oil and 30% of super fat. So it will clean your body very clean but still live your skin moisture. 


Lots of energy I put into this batch of soap but I did have great time making it. I even saved some of jewel weed hydrosol  to make lotion or slave with it. 

This batch is not cured yet, I will post purchase link once its ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment