Friday, September 18, 2015

SUNSET OWLS

My last attempt failed. For some reason I didn't measure the lye amount correctly so it crumbled when I cut it. It was lye heavy. So I grated it up, added more oil and cooked it in the crock pot.

Today my husband took kids to visit great grandma, that gave me few hours to create my new soap.


I used organic carrot juice instead of water. So the base is orange. Use a bit of organic paprika and titanium dioxide for darker and light orange. Swirl technique to create the sunset look. Use black walnut powder to color the tree bark, and Spirulina for the green leaves.

Here's the cut of my sunset owl soaps.
Ingredients:
Olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, rice bran oil, avocado oil, sesame oil. Organic carrot juice, and lye.
Scented with peppermint, cardamon,and wild orange essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment